born 09|2003 & later
Ages: 16 & Under *
Momentum ACTION is designed to discover and further develop a love for training, competition, and sport. Volleyball skills and tactics are developed in a team environment in combination with physical, mental/emotional, and ongoing life skills.
The ACTION program will provide the opportunity for 12 athletes to come together in a learning environment to navigate the competition season.
* note: Volleyball Canada’s age groupings work on a 16-month calendar. Athletes born in September of 2003 and younger are eligible to participate as a 16U athlete (please contact us to further discuss your opportunities)
Is this slightly confusing? You bet! Please contact us for clarification.
We believe in the multi-sport athlete. If you’re busy, active, and enjoying it… great! Please have a discussion with us, we’d love to explore the opportunity to introduce and keep athletes in the game.
2020 Training Sessions:
Mondays 6:00 – 8:00 PM
@ Glanford Middle School
The first session of 2020 is scheduled for January 6
Wednesdays 6:00 – 9:00 PM
@ Bayside Middle School
The first session of 2020 is scheduled for January 8
Saturdays (occasional) 3:00 – 5:00 PM
@ Royal Oak Middle School
To be communicated…
Below is an outline of Events for the 2020 indoor club season:
Volleyball BC 16u Super Series – Feb 1-2 @ Burnaby*
Vancouver Island Playday – Feb 16 @ Nanaimo
Volleyball BC 16u Super Series – Feb 29-Mar 1 @ Okanagan*
Volleyball BC 16u Super Series – Mar 14-15 @ Burnaby*
Volleyball BC 16u Super Series – Apr 4-5 @ Victoria*
Vancouver Island Regional Championships – April 18 or 19 @ Nanaimo
Volleyball BC Provincial Championships – May 2-3 @ Abbotsford Tradex
Volleyball Canada National Championships – May 17-18-19 @ Edmonton, AB
* “AA” teams must attend 3 of the 4 Super Series events in order to qualify/be eligible for Division 1 at Provincials.
2020 Selection Camp/Tryouts
Tryouts have concluded for the 2020 indoor club Season.
Tryouts: 2020 Completed
Fees & features
ACTION FeesIndoor 2020
- 2x weekly sessions (plus occasional Saturday/Specialization training sessions)
- Athlete Wellness Academy programming
- Volleyball BC, Volleyball Canada membership and All Sport insurance
- Volleyball BC Super Series, Vancouver Island Regional Championships, Volleyball BC Provincial Championships, Volleyball Canada National Championships registration fees
- Coach Support including Ongoing Coach Education, Certification, Professional Development, and travel per diem
- Local municipality recreation and school district rental & staffing fees.
- Momentum Volley training apparel
- Program Team: Erika Sheen, Hilary Graham