born 09|2004 & later
Ages: 15 & Under *
Momentum IMPULSE is designed to further develop and enhance a love for learning, healthy competition, and sport through the game of volleyball during critical periods of physical and social development. Volleyball skills and tactics are developed in a team environment alongside physical, mental/emotional, and ongoing life skills development.
The IMPULSE program will provide the opportunity for athletes to come together in a learning environment. Two teams will be formed over the early part of the season that best suit the objectives identified above.
* note: Volleyball Canada’s age groupings work on a 16-month calendar. Athletes born in September of 2004 and younger are eligible to participate as a 15U athlete (or as a 16U… please contact us to further discuss your opportunities)
Is this slightly confusing? You bet! Please contact us for clarification.
We believe in the multi-sport athlete. If you’re busy, active, and enjoying it… great! Please have a discussion with us, we’d love to explore the opportunity to introduce and keep athletes in the game.
2020 Training Sessions:
Thursdays 6:00 – 8:30 PM
@ Cedar Hill Middle School
The first session of 2020 is scheduled for January 9
Saturdays (occasional) 3:00 – 5:00 PM
@ Royal Oak Middle School
To be communicated…
Sundays 9:00 – 11:30 AM
@ Royal Oak Middle School
The first session of 2020 is scheduled for January 12
Below is an outline of Events for the 2020 indoor club season:
Volleyball BC 15u Super Series – Feb 15-16 @ Okanagan*
Vancouver Island Playday (15u) – Feb 23 @ Nanaimo
Volleyball BC 15u Super Series – Mar 14-15 @ Nanaimo*
Volleyball BC 15u Super Series – Apr 4-5 @ Langley*
Vancouver Island Regional Championships – April 18 or 19 @ Nanaimo
Volleyball BC Provincial Championships – May 1-2 @ Abbotsford Tradex
Volleyball Canada Nationals – May 14-15-16 @ Edmonton, Alberta
Or… Willamette Volleyball Classic – May 8-10 @ Corvallis, Oregon
* “AA” teams must attend 2 of the 3 Super Series events in order to qualify/be eligible for Division 1 at Provincials.
2020 Selection Camp/Tryouts
Tryouts have concluded for the 2020 indoor club Season.
Tryouts: 2020 Completed
Fees & features
IMPULSE FeesIndoor 2020
- 2x weekly sessions (plus occasional Saturday training sessions)
- Athlete Wellness Academy programming
- Volleyball BC, Volleyball Canada membership and All Sport insurance
- Volleyball BC Super Series, Vancouver Island Regional Championships, Volleyball BC Provincial Championships, Volleyball Canada National Championships or Willamette Volleyball Classic registration.
- Ongoing Coach Education, Certification, and Professional Development
- Momentum Volley training apparel
- Coaching Team: Chris Dahl, Barry McLean, Jill Alcorn