born 2004 & later
Ages: 15 & Under *
Momentum IMPULSE is designed to further develop and enhance a love for learning, healthy competition, and sport through the game of volleyball during critical periods of physical and social development. Volleyball skills and tactics are developed in a team environment alongside physical, mental/emotional, and ongoing life skills development.
The IMPULSE program will provide the opportunity for 24 athletes to come together in a learning environment. Teams will be formed over the early part of the season that best suit the objectives identified above.
* note: Volleyball Canada’s age groupings work on a 16-month calendar. Athletes born in the months of September-December of 2003 are eligible to participate as a 15U athlete (or as a 16U… please contact us to further discuss your opportunities)
Is this slightly confusing? You bet! Please contact us for clarification.
We believe in the multi-sport athlete. If you’re busy, active, and enjoying it… great! Please have a discussion with us, we’d love to explore the opportunity to introduce and keep athletes in the game.
2019 Training Sessions:
Sundays 9:30am – 11:30am
@ Royal Oak Middle School
Wednesdays 6:30pm – 8:30pm
@ Bayside Middle School
Fridays 4:00pm – 6:00pm
@ Gordon Head Middle
May 9- 12th, 2019 @ Willamette Valley Classic (Corvallis, Oregon)
Tentative Outline of Events (final schedule to be determined):
Volleyball BC 15u Super Volley – Feb 23-24 @ Nanaimo
Vancouver Island Playday (15u) – Mar 9 @ Nanaimo
Volleyball BC 16u Super Series – Mar 30-31 @ Nanaimo
Vancouver Island Regional Championships – April 13-14 @ Nanaimo
Volleyball BC Provincial Championships – April 26-27 @ Abbotsford Tradex
Willamette Volleyball Classic – May 10-12 @ Corvallis, Oregon
Enrollment: Closed for the 2019 Season
Fees & features
IMPULSE FeesIndoor 2019
- 3x weekly sessions
- Volleyball BC & Volleyball Canada membership and All Sport insurance
- Playday, Volleyball BC Super Volley, and Vancouver Island Regional Championships, Volleyball BC Provincial Championships, Willamette Valley Classic (Corvallis, Oregon) event competition (travel costs extra)
- All new athletes receive their own Wilson Gold/AVP Beach volleyball
- Ongoing Coach Education, Certification, and Professional Development
- Momentum Volley training apparel
- Program Team: Chris Dahl, Cathy Nelson, Ron Mutch, Barry McLean