The following post is communicated to registered attendees for the Momentum Volley 16U Selection Camps taking place in preparation for the 2024 season.
Reminder: Athletes registered through the waitlist process are assigned to “Group 2”
- Group 1
- Sunday, December 3 @ Pacific Institute for Sports Education
- Please check in to the classroom on the 3rd level at PISE. The window to do so is 1:15-1:45 PM. You will be assigned either a pinnie or a number to help with identification during the selection camp process.
- Athletes will be on the court from 2:00-3:30 PM
- Group 2
- Wednesday, December 6@ Royal Oak Middle School
- Please check in by 5:45 PM on the lower level and mingle until it is our court time.
- Athletes will be on the court from 6:00-7:30 PM
- Both Groups 1 & 2 will take part in their respective sessions. Following Wednesday’s session, we will make our first round of selections. On Thursday evening we will notify all athletes about their status for the Call-Back session scheduled for Saturday, December 9, 9:15-11:30 AM (@ PISE). The call-back session is invite-only.
- Following the Call-Back session, we will make our final selections. Offers and Signing opportunities will be sent to families within 48 hours.
Offers and Signing
- The signing date designated by Volleyball BC for the 16U season is December 11.
- Q: What does this mean?
- A: Any offer made is valid until 6:00 PM on the signing date. Athletes and families can take time to think about their options and make a decision.
- Q: If I receive an offer… Do I have to wait until the signing date & time?
- A: No you do not. You can accept an offer at any time.
- Q: What if I don’t receive an offer right away, could an opportunity still exist?A: If an athlete declines or the offer expires we will proceed to present that opportunity to the next athlete on our list and will do so until the roster is full. If your intention/hope is to play for Momentum Volley and you do not receive an offer in our first round but have received an offer from another club… you can wait until just before the expiration date on that offer before making your commitment. We’ll do our best to update you in advance.
- Q: What if an offer comes after the signing date and time?
- A: That offer is valid for a minimum of 24 hours.
Additional notes/policy from Volleyball BC
- Clubs are permitted to contact athletes & families between 4:00-9:00 PM during the week and between 8:00 AM-9:00 PM on weekends until an athlete has accepted an offer to join the club.
- If you accept an offer, you are committed to the club for the season.
Club Fees, Training & Tournament Schedules
- They are updated and available on our website.
- Please familiarize yourself with the schedule to ensure that the training times, locations, and competition calendar will work for your athlete(s). We will communicate additional sessions and local/regional “play-day” opportunities as they come up.
- Please make note of the Club Fees. Club fees do not include team travel fees. These will be additional expenses for athletes/families.
- We’re excited with the lineup of coaches at Momentum Volley for the 2024 season. We believe, and based on experience + observation, that one of the things that makes Momentum Volley unique is the level of collaboration that takes place between coaches and the synchronized athlete development plan that we work from. By working together, both behind the scenes and on the sidelines, we strive to provide meaningful and enjoyable growth and development opportunities for all. Athletes and Coaches alike.
- 16u Girls: Jahmil Fayad & Aliza Ehrkamp
- Chris Dahl will provide additional support, resources, and serve as a sounding board to coaches throughout the season. We all learn when we work together.
See you on the courts!
Your Team at Momentum Volley